Cachalote Yacht Description
The first class 16 passenger Cachalote I Schooner and its the three main decks of the boat take advantage of the equatorial rays of the sun. Watch passing birds native to the Galapagos or dolphins and whales leisurely swimming by, or simply relax by reading a book or taking a snooze on the large sun decks. What's more is that the Cachalote I is Smart Voyager certified, meaning that they comply with all necessary conservation standards and are also SOLAR certified. The schooner is equipped to cruise with either sail or motor and the crew consists of the captain, cook, engineer, three sailors and a multilingual Naturalist Guide.
Cachalote Yacht Cabins
The Cachalote quarters up to 16 passengers with 7 different cabins to choose from on the upper and lower landings, including one matrimonial cabin. Each has its own private bathroom with hot/cold water showers, and full air-conditioning with units in each room.
Cachalote Cruise Prices
2017 prices per person starting at:
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
|Description||6 days||8 days||15 days|
|High Season||US$ 2700||US$ 3600||US$ 6750|
|Low Season||US$ 2700||US$ 3400||US$ 6375|
|Charter High Season||US$ 43200||US$ 57600||US$ 108250|
|Charter Low Season||US$ 43200||US$ 54400||US$ 102000|
For the latest promotions on this boat and others cruises, please click here.
*Charter rates don't apply for Christmas and New Year.
- Low Season: May 1- Jun15 / Sep1- Oct 31 & First week of December
* Special discount for children under twelve years old (one child per adult). This discount is not applicaple over Christmas and New Years departures.
* Single supplement: 50% increase over sharing accommodation rate
- Standby Rates:
* Up to 40% discount over published high season rates based on availability and only if booked 7 days or less before departure.
* Fuel surcharge included in the rate.
* A surcharge of $130 NET per person is applicaple during Christmas and New Years weeks
* Special discount for kids may apply to the published rate. Please consult with your destination expert for more information and special deals.
Important Note: motor sailors use the motor to navigate, this boat does not always travel with the sails up. Sails are only used barely.
Cachalote ItineraryClick on each itinerary title to show or hide the corresponding information.
Cachalote Deck Plans & Specs
Ketchrigged motor sailer. Steel hull, built in 1971 in California. Rebuilt and refurbished in 2002. 280 H.P. caterpillar diesel engine, 7.5 and 20 kilowatt generators for 220 and 110 A.C. 12 volt D.C. 24 mile radar, VHS and SSB marine radios, depth sounder, tender with outboard motor, freezer and refrigerator, desalinator.
Cachalote ReviewsComments and recommendations received on this Galapagos cruise:
We found your services great! Everything was very well arranged and it always went as planned. Francisco replied to every question and email right away and he was a big help. We loooved the trip and found the boat trip the highlight! The crew was wonderful and so was the food. The visitors sites were awsome!
Traveled on the Cachalote