Hotels quick search:
Located on Isabela Island
Step into luxury at the Albemarle Hotel on Isabela Island. Each room offers the pinnacle of comfort and jaw-dropping vistas out of the panoramic balcony doors and windows.. The private pool and hot tub behind the hotel complements the outstretched ocean in front. The sun deck on top of the hotel allows its guests to soak in the sun in the intimacy of the hotel.
Using our hotel as your home-base, see the best the Galapagos have to offer: swim with sharks at Tintoreras! Make the 3.1 mile trek through a winding nature trail to the Wall of Tears, built in the mid-20th century by prisoners. Other sites include the Sierra Negra Volcano crater, the famous lava tunnels, and natural wonders that are only a short hike away.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Gourmet restaurant & bar (specializes in seafood and international food as well. It offers special menus for lunch and dinner. Boxed lunches can be offered for big tours so guests can take their lunch with them on their adventure.)
- Fresh water swimming pool and hot tub
- Wireless Internet and computers in Reception
- Unlimited drinking water
- Sun terraces
- Sun beds
- Tours (Volcano, Diving, Trekking, Tortoises, etc.)
Hotel Albemarle has 10 rooms and 1 suite:
- 5 rooms with 2 Twin beds
- 5 rooms with a King sized bed
This includes 8 rooms with an oceanfront view and 3 with a poolside view. All of our rooms have:
- Large en-suite bathrooms with double bowl sinks set on luxurious marble
- Power shower with hot and cold running water 24 hours a day.
- Split air conditioning system for individual climate control.
- Cable TV
- Bedside telephones
- Private electronic safes
- Wireless Internet
- Large double glass-paneled teak doors to maximize the spectacular sea views and breeze.
Our suite offers an adjoining private kitchen/diner, while the bedroom includes oak furnishings and a hot tub.
- Horseback riding
- The Wetlands
- Sierra Negra Volcano (located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil; has the world's second largest volcanic crater)
- Poza de los Diablos (largest lagoon in Galapagos)
- La Playita (small white sand beach with lava rock where sea birds rest)
- Pozas Verdes (dry mesquite forest and a wet mangrove forest)
- Los Tunos Viewpoint (lagoon surrounded by mangroves)
- Playa del Amor (small beach with coarse grained sand, ends in a shallow inter-tidal lagoon)
- Túnel del Estero (tunnel formed by volcanic eruptions)
- Poza Redonda (area of collapsed lava that has formed a small lagoon)
- Poza Escondida (mangrove swamp)
- El Estero (freshwater spring forms river)
- Wall of Tears
- Concha de Perla (calm bay with crystal clear water)
- Las Tintoreras (colony of white tipped reef sharks)
- Giant Tortoise Breeding Center
- Volcan Chino