Hotels quick search:
Located on Isabela Island.
A wonderful and unique experience awaits you at Scalesia Lodge. Located in a unique setting in the highlands of Isabela Island, Scalesia Lodge will give you an unmatchable experience in the heart of one of the world’s last remaining paradises. With first-class accommodations and superb services, Scalesia Lodge is one of the best options to explore these enchanted islands.
Scalesia has a privileged location in the cloud forest of Isabela Island, a unique and unmatched environment in one of the Galapagos’ best-preserved and magical islands. Discover the delightful ambiance of the Island and its impressive sites, like Sierra Negra, Las Tintoreras, and other spectacular spots that will transform how you see this natural wonder of the world.
Scalesia Lodge truly is one-of-a-kind - you will enjoy beautiful, modern, and comfortable tents that will allow you to appreciate the unrivaled beauty of the Galapagos Islands.
Scalesia Lodge features 16 tents of 53 sq. meters (570 sq. ft.) and terraces; each one has been carefully decorated to inspire its guests.
- Each tent is equipped with glass showers and hot water on demand.
- Scalesia Lodge has 4 tents with king sized beds, and 12 tents with twin beds.
- There are ample modern and comfortable social areas.
- The reading areas are in a unique setting.
Enjoy your vacations in a lodge designed to put you in contact with the natural beauty of the Galapagos Islands.
- Visit Las Tintoreras, the famous dwelling place of the reef sharks.
- Discover the red mangrove ecosystems.
- Visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center.
- Walk through the lava tunnels of Isabela.
- Hike to Volcan Chico and Sierra Negra.
Complete your visit to Isabela with the Five days/ Four nights tour and enjoy one of nature's hidden paradises.
- The Wetlands
- Sierra Negra Volcano (located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil; has the world's second largest volcanic crater)
- Poza de los Diablos (largest lagoon in Galapagos)
- La Playita (small white sand beach with lava rock where sea birds rest)
- Pozas Verdes (dry mesquite forest and a wet mangrove forest)
- Los Tunos Viewpoint (lagoon surrounded by mangroves)
- Playa del Amor (small beach with coarse grained sand, ends in a shallow inter-tidal lagoon)
- Túnel del Estero (tunnel formed by volcanic eruptions)
- Poza Redonda (area of collapsed lava that has formed a small lagoon)
- Poza Escondida (mangrove swamp)
- El Estero (freshwater spring forms river)
- Wall of Tears
- Concha de Perla (calm bay with crystal clear water)
- Las Tintoreras (colony of white tipped reef sharks)
- Giant Tortoise Breeding Center
- Volcan Chino